Diocesan Delegate Qualifications and Expectations
Make Up of Delegate Team
The Christ Church Episcopal Parish’s Diocesan Delegate team is made up of:
• Six Diocesan Delegates.
— Appointed at the Annual Meeting for a 3-year term.
• One Alternate Delegate.
• The Christ Church’s Clergy.
• Diocesan Delegates are expected to attend Diocesan Convention.
Salem OR Salem Convention Center October 25,26 2019
–Note: Convention begins on a Thursday evening, and runs all day Friday and ends Saturday in the early afternoon.
–This involves two nights in a hotel; Christ Church has some very limited financial assistance for expenses.
• Attend Convocation Meetings.
–Convocation Meetings are an important time to share information as well as to build relationships with the rest of the teams.
Duties before Convention
• Become familiar with the Budget and Resolutions (by attending Convocation Meetings)
• Read the Bios of the candidates standing for Diocesan positions.
• Register and pay for convention and the hotel (Usually in September)
Duties at Convention
• Elect Diocesan Officers.
• Approve the Diocesan Budget.
• Vote on Diocesan Resolutions.
• Hear Diocesan Reports and the Keynote speaker.
• The Christ Church Team sits together at Convention and will each lunch or dinner together.
• There is also an optional banquet Friday night. (Discuss plans ahead of time)
Practical things to know about the Convention:
• Book a hotel room early.
• Be sure to register with the Diocese.
• Check in with your group ahead of time–we may have lunch together etc.
• A time to gather as a group.
• Much of our work is preparation for Convention.
Future Convocation Meetings:
St. Bart’s Episcopal Parish
11265 SW Cabot Street
Beaverton, OR 97005
- March 9, 2019: 10-11: 45 am at St. Barts
Focus: Welcome! and The Role of a Convocation Delegate